Sponsored by OA Centers for Orthopaedics – Spectrum Medical
June 3, 2018
A fun filled 5K, 1 mile dash, and kids’ fun run!
5K Run – 9:30 a.m.
Kid’s Fun Run ages 8 and under – 8:30 a.m.
1 mile dash for ages 12 and under – 9:00 a.m.
The Cape Challenge, sponsored by OA Centers for Orthopaedics – Spectrum Medical is a collaborative effort of all three schools parents associations. Proceeds will go towards programs such as Pond Cove’s visiting artists and teacher grants, the Middle School Outdoor Experience (Chewonki) and Project Graduation.
REGISTER ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
- 2018 Cape Challenge Volunteer Opportunities
- Would you be interested in a volunteer role in the 2017 Cape Challenge? Below is a short description of the Volunteer Roles available.
- Saturday – Day Before Race – This is a kid-friendly opportunity to help out the day before the big race:
- Stuff Registration Packets (2:00 to 4:00 PM)
- Registration Pick up – hand out registration packets to runners (4:00 to 6:00)
- Raffle Table – Sell Raffle Tickets (4:00 – 6:00)
- Pre-Race Sunday morning – Runners or parents of runners can help in these pre-race volunteer roles:
- 5k Course Set-up/Take Down – distribute cones, mile markets, sponsor signs along the 5 K race course. (7:30 to 8:30)
- Race Day Food Acquisition and Distribution – Food Run in days leading up to Race, set up outside of Middle School (7:30 to 9:00)
- Race Day General Set-Up – set up tents, create start line, hang sponsor signs (7:00 to 9:00)
- Race Day Registration – sign up for 5k or 1mile (7:30 to 8:30)
- Critical support roles that help make the 5k and Fun Run Happen:
- Water Station – pour water, distribute at Wainwright Circle (9:00 to 10:15)
- 5k Flaggers – Flaggers are placed at turns on the course to help guide runners (9:00 to 10:30)
- Split Clocks for 5k – Coordinate the start of clocks with starting line and announce the splits to runners – placed at 1 and 2 mile mark of 5k (9:30 to 10:30)
- Finish Line – Hand out medals to runners! (8:45 to 10:30)
- Awards – organize medals and certificates and distribute as winners are announced (9:30 to 11:00)
- Fun Run Coordinators – put out cones, organize volunteers, announce rules/race (7:45 to 9:00)
- Fun Run Volunteers – start/finish line attendants, flaggers, crowd control (8:00 to 9:00)
RESULTS FOR PAST CAPE CHALLENGES (formerly the Pond Cove Challenge)
2015 Race Results:
Results may also be found at Run in a Race
2014 Race Results:
Results may also be found at CoolRunning.com